Terms & Conditions, aka boring details…
Website Development. Majority of the communications will be done via email for paper trail & efficient process. While typical response/update is within 24 hours, our Guaranteed response / update window is within 3 business days. Turnaround time is estimate based on active customer feedback which can vary from couple weeks to few months. All new website development will come with 1 month complimentary hosting. So your 1st year hosting will have 13 month total.
Online Marketing. Your Marketing Team package is always a customized solution thus we cannot provide pricing online. However, we do have standard package available which we’ll share with you as a standard pricing.
Discount Packages. Face-lift discount is valid up to 20% if you’re keeping the structure and pages the same way but we’re doing overall look upgrade using a new theme & new look. WP2WP discount only applies if you already have a WordPress site but want to upgrade the looks but want to keep the same structure & only minor changes to the pages. Depends on work involved, you could receive up to 40% discount on the project.
Contract & Placing Order. In effort to minimize paperwork & processing, WebVillage only provide invoice via email which can be viewed at any time through WebVillage’s My Account page. Making a payment of any kinds toward an invoice constitutes a contract based on terms & conditions outlined on this page. Customer has right to negotiate or request any language to be added to the invoice prior to executing the contract by making a payment.
Refund & Satisfaction Guarantee. Satisfaction Guarantee applies during initial buildup only. Going LIVE on new site constitutes acceptance of final product. Setup fees such as Hosting, Security, or Marketing setup charge + any optional items will be deducted from any refund request. Upon request, we will provide pro-rated refund if we cannot satisfy your requirements.
Payment Terms. Typical payment term is 50% deposit + 1st year or hosting, balance due at completion. If you choose to pay everything up front, you will receive discount noted on order form. You may pay hosting and some items monthly but this will require using Paypal subscription or credit card on file. If you’re late on making any payment, we’ll give you past due reminder before imposing any late fees. We’ll typically give you NET15 after invoicing / due date before imposing late fee of $10 or 10% (whichever is greater). All accounts that’s late for more than 30 days can be taken offline without further notice.
Hosting. Our hosting typically includes managed hosting. Managed hosting includes Hosting, Security monitoring, Bug monitoring, and Backups.
- Contact & Refund: There’s never a contract with us. You can cancel your hosting at any time. All refund request are processed in monthly pro-rate basis. Pro-rated refund is calculated based on how many full months are left within the cycle. (For example if you cancel product mid-month, you will get refund starting with the following month) If you need to change optional items (email plans), pro-rated amount will be credited to your account toward hosting or any future services. In case you want to cancel all services, amount paid toward email plans, optional items, domain, and any other one-time fees cannot be refunded.
- Fair Use on all accounts: No SPAMS or major newsletter operation (max 100 emails/hour/domain), Storage limit of 5G per account which is ample for typical/simple business site, Moderate traffic (if your site becomes too popular, we reserve right to impose extra fee to handle the traffic, All Videos must be hosted via YouTube or similar, High Resolution image hosting will require additional cost. E-Commerce site hosting starts with 10G storage limit & SSL.
- Backup: All managed hosting includes automated backup that’s performed daily & weekly on the server & off-site.
- Security & Bugs: Managed hosting includes daily monitoring of security report for suspicious activities. Typically once a quarter, we’ll perform security check & malware sweep & software updates and we’ll send you a report with the result. We’ll also check if your website is running without any issues against any software bug or compatibility issues during quarterly security check. All minor security & bug issues will be resolved upon discovery. If there is an issue that cannot be resolved easily, we’ll contact you with options.
- All Admins & Editors must log in via 2 factor login system such as UNLOQ. Each site/hosting includes 2 unique login user per site. Additional login user can be added for $5.95/year. Since this license is annual license this portion is non-refundable but you can replace user to another person/email at any time. Fyi, normal users (non-admin & editor) does NOT require 2 factor login.
Admin access. Customer will either get a access which can manage user accounts on the site and can manage all content of the site but will not have access to plugin installations & activation. (Editor or Admin with limited access) This is strictly for security purpose. Customer can request addition of any plugin at any time and we’ll approve all plugins that are supported & known to be safe. Admin access & cPanel access is only provided after website project has been fully paid.
Optional Features/Items. WordPress has unlimited capability for expansion such as Popup banners, Forum, Members only content, Event Calendar, Scheduler, and more… Most optional items starts at $25-100/feature or $200/premium plugin/theme. Higher cost licensed plugins are calculated: plugin cost + configuration cost (20% of premium plugin cost). Any premium feature cost is non-refundable & must be pre-paid.
Website Content & Blogs. Web development package will include all updates & repair on links, images, display error within pages & sections. For Blog section, we are responsible for structure & display setup but actual content including any link issues is NOT covered with any package. We will provide training to fix these issues or subject to hourly rate.
Copyrights. Customer is responsible for providing all images, videos, & content. All completed & paid sites belong to customer and customer can request a copy to be sent to them at closing of their account. At no time, WebVillage services claim any copyright or ownership to any content provided by customer. Customer is responsible to provide content that he/she/they have right to use. We cannot be responsible for ANY copyright infringement or any violation that result from using content provided by customer.
Termination. Customer can request their account to be closed at any time. We will provide all applicable pro-rated refund as listed above and process closing of account within 3 business days. Customer is responsible for moving the site away from our site using cPanel access. Customer can also request a file that has all site content & database. We recommend that you move your site before cancelling web hosting to make sure your site is moved and running from new server before cancelling service with us. We do NOT hold any responsibility to keep your backup or current files and it may not be recoverable once you cancel service with us.